Click HERE for official 2 page PDF of Tournament Rules & Schedule
Redondo Rod & Gun Club Presents
Surf Fishing Tournament
May 20th & 21st 2023
$20 Entry Fee
Entry Fee & signed Tournament application/waiver is required to enter tournament, Sign up locations listed below:
RRGC – 2023 Vanderbilt Lane, Redondo Beach, CA 90278 – Open 5am to noon.
Island Fishing Tackle – 21809 S. Avalon Blvd, Carson, CA 90745 – Open 5am to 6pm
Big Fish Bait and Tackle – 1780 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Seal Beach, CA 90731 – Open 5am to 6pm
22nd Street Landing – 141 W. 22nd Street, San Pedro, CA 90731 – Open 5am to 6pm
Tournament ends at 3pm on May 21st.
Prizes are Daiwa Surf Rod Combo and three-quarter day trip for each category
Dana Point Landing & 22nd St Landing
PHIL FRIEDMAN raffle prize at RR&G club for Penn Fathom 40 with 50lb rod
75th Annual Awards Ceremonies at RR&G club 3:00 pm May 21st with Tacos supplied by Club. 2023 Vanderbilt Lane, Redondo Beach, CA 90278
REDONDO ROD & GUN SURF FISHING TOURNAMENT RULES
• Attendees must obey all State of California fishing regulations.
• For more information go to www.wildlife.ca.gov
• Participants must obtain valid California fishing license, (15 yrs old or below not required).
• Pier fishing: fishing license is not required)
• Participants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Application with $20.00 Entry fee & signed Waiver form on page 2 is required to enter tournament.
• Participants may fish wherever they want as long as it is within current CA Department of Fish and Wildlife regulations.
• All fish must be line-caught on a BAIT OR LURE.
• Fish should be measured from tip of mouth to farthest tip of fin with its mouth closed.
• Point system: Every inch is one point
• All fish must be caught from shore/pier.
• NOTE: Fish taken from boats, personal watercraft, etc are not permitted.
• Each participant must submit a photo via e-mail of each fish being measured next to supplied measuring tape by 3:00 PM on May 21st
• All photos must be e-mailed to: misha. phish @gmail.com with subject line: RR&G 2023
• One e-mail with total catch of each species is preferred. WITH FULL NAME.
Only five (5) species qualify for tournament. Maximum 5 fish per category.
Barred Surf Perch Prize
Yellowfin Croaker Prize
Spotfin Croaker Prize *$100 sponsored by All City Baits